Stage Two - Driving Instructor Driving Test
Driving competence will be assessed against a longer more comprehensive driving test to that which applies to a learner driver.
The driving test will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes and will cover 25-30 kilometres.
On the day of the test you must:
- Attend in good time,
- Declare that you are properly insured for the test,
- Produce a valid full licence,
- Drive a roadworthy vehicle fitted with seatbelts,
- Display on your vehicle a valid insurance disc, tax disc and an NCT disc if appropriate.
In order to pass the test the applicant will have to:
- Incur less than three driving faults under a particular heading e.g. observation, positioning etc
- Incur less than five driving faults during the entire test
- Incur zero disqualifying faults