Looking for a new direction? Would you like to be your own boss? Why not become a driving instructor?
With the introduction of Essential Driver Training (EDT) compulsory lessons and due to the ever increasing number of vehicles on our roads today, there is a growing demand for qualified driving instructors.
Driving instruction is not only financially rewarding, it offers a number of employment options. Whether it be in full or part-time employment, working as a driving instructor provides independence, flexible working hours and above all, a degree of security that most other careers cannot offer.
Upon completion of your training and successfully achieving Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) status, you can choose to start your own business or you can join our expanding team here at Leinster Driving Campus.
6 reasons to work as a Leinster Driving Campus driving instructor:
- Regular pupil supply. We can provide you with as many learners as you can handle. That’s a promise.
- They come to you! All your lessons start at our base here in Maynooth. No earning time wasted travelling km’s from one pupil destination to another.
- Premuim lesson price. We offer our instructors an excellent working package.
- Full office support. We book all your lessons for you so you don’t have to spend earning time on the phone trying to organise your weekly schedule. You arrive in the office and we’ll have your next lesson ready to go. Less stress for you.
- No advertising costs. We run an extensive advertising campaign to ensure you have an ample supply of driving lessons, every week, every month.
- Absolutely no upfront fees. You control your own diary, we pay you for each hour of your time. You pay us nothing unlike many other franchises!!
You will be learning from 2 of the very best ADI in Ireland. Your 2 instructors themselves received 100% and 95.5 in their Stage 3 exams
NB: Please ensure your trainer is certified by the RSA to provide your driving instructor training. Check here for a list of RSA approved trainers. Certified Trainers
Leinster Driving Campus can take payment on a pay as you go basis. Should you therefore not wish to continue or simply decide the job is not for you, you are not already financially committed. We charge €45 per hour pay as you go.
Driving Instructor Training
The Leinster Driving Campus Driving Instructor Training programme will provide you with all the information, support and guidance you’ll need to pass your RSA exams and indeed run your own successful driving school business.
We are flexible in our instructor training approach and attitude, adapting to your own individual needs and ability. All our training is 1 to 1 with your trainer, unlike some of the other training providers where you’ll be training with up to 4 other trainees and therefore not getting the individual attention required.
Download the “ADI Information Pack” HERE
Stage One - Theory Test
Examines your knowledge of the Rules of the Road as well as general road safety and driving instruction matters. The structure of the test is similar in format to the existing theory test for learner drivers.
Stage Two - A Practical Test Of Your Driving Ability
Driving competence will be assessed against a longer more comprehensive driving test to that which applies to a learner driver. The test will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes and will cover 25-30 kilometres.
Stage Three - A Practical Test Of Your Ability To Instruct
Stage Three examines the ability of the ADI candidate to deliver tuition/coaching to the novice driver relevant to the level of skill and experience of the driver/rider.