Terms & Conditions
1. Driver Training with LEINSTER DRIVING CAMPUS
We offer two types of driving tuition:
– On the Road Tuition (clause 2) – training with a LEINSTER DRIVING CAMPUS Instructor (“Your Instructor”); or
– Off the Road Tuition (clause 3) – training in our off road facility
2. On The Road Tuition
On the Road tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria:
Aged 17 and over and
Who hold a valid Irish Learner Permit
Who are legally entitled to drive in the Republic of Ireland.
3. Off Road Tuition
Off Road tuition is available to persons who meet the following criteria:
Aged 14 and over. You must produce identification if under 17 years of age.
It’s not necessary to hold a Learner Permit
4. Interpretation and application
In these terms and conditions (the “Conditions”) “We”, “Us” or “Our” refers to Leinster Driving Campus (Registered Office: Taghadoe, Maynooth, Co. Kildare. Registered in Republic of Ireland, number 438174) and “You” or “Your” means you the customer.
You must read these Conditions in full as they set out the complete terms upon which We have agreed to provide, and You have agreed to obtain, driving tuition from Us.
In particular, You should read and accustom yourself with the follow sections: Your responsibilities (clause 6.1) and Lesson Cancellation Policy (clause 7), which will apply to You. We and Your Instructor reserve the right to charge for any lessons affected by Your failure to comply with any of these Conditions.
5. About Your Instructor
The contract for driving tuition is solely between You and Leinster Driving Campus. You and Leinster Driving Campus are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You must notify Your Instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid learner permit.
6.1 Your responsibilities
(1) If You take On The Road lessons, it is Your responsibility to ensure that You have your Learner Permit and it must be presented to Your Instructor prior to the commencement of Your tuition.
(2) Your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide You with tuition or to cancel any lessons You have agreed to or booked, without liability, if You fail to provide him/her with the Licence prior to Your first lesson.
(3) Your tuition is governed by a contract between You and Your Instructor. Accordingly, You and Leinster Driving Campus are responsible for arranging the date, time, pick-up location and duration of Your lessons.
(4) You will treat Your Instructor with respect and follow Your Instructor’s reasonable instructions, particularly with regard to matters affecting Your health and safety.
6.2 Your Instructor’s responsibility
Your instructor will:
(1) Provide You with driving tuition at the hourly rate communicated to You from time to time;
(2) Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help You study for Your theory test;
(3) Design a course of lessons to match Your specific driving and learning needs from Your first lesson right through to Your practical test;
(4) Provide You with lessons which will last one or two hours or such other duration as You and Your Instructor will agree in advance;
(5) Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled Leinster Driving Campus branded car for each lesson;
(6) Recommend, where appropriate, advanced courses to help You develop Your skills for: motorway driving, driving in extreme weather conditions;
(7) Give You relevant feedback during Your lesson and record Your development in Your EDT logbook or your Leinster Driving Campus Progress Record at the end of each lesson;
(8) Monitor Your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book Your mock practical test and once it has been agreed between you both, apply for Your practical driving test and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled;
(9) Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car;
(10) Honour the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of Your lesson and to get the EDT logbook signed by You at the end of each lesson, if applicable;
(11) At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including:
i. being courteous and considerate to You
ii. avoiding physical contact except in an emergency
iii. not smoking during Your lessons
iv. restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or for Your benefit;
(12) Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on grounds of road safety;
(13) Not discriminate against You and will always abide by the law;
(14) Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control;
(15) Respond professionally to any worries or issues that You may have and try to resolve them to Your satisfaction. If appropriate, they will give You the name of the Leinster Driving Campus manager to whom You can refer the matter.
If Your Instructor is for whatever reason unable to comply with their obligations to You, We reserve the right to arrange for an alternative Leinster Driving Campus Instructor to provide You with some or all of Your driving tuition. We will use Our best endeavours to notify You or the alternative instructor who will provide You with Your tuition.
If We are unable to arrange for an alternative Instructor to provide Your driving tuition, or in the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which You have been learning to drive, or for any other reason, We reserve the right to rearrange Your lessons for a time convenient to both You and the Instructor.
7. Lesson Cancellation Policy
7.1 You must give Us at least two working days notice (the “Minimum Notice”) if You wish to cancel or rearrange an On The Road driving lesson, otherwise You will be liable to pay for 100% of the lesson fee.
7.2 You must give Us at least two working days notice (the “Minimum Notice”) if You wish to cancel or rearrange an Off The Road driving lesson, otherwise You will be liable to pay for 100% of the lesson fee.
7.3 Where You have pre-paid for any lesson but fail to attend or provide the Minimum Notice to cancel or rearrange the lesson, it will be counted as lesson taken for the purposes of the lesson cancellation policy and You will be liable for the lesson fee.
7.4 You will not be able to sell or transfer any On The Road or Off The Road driving lessons which You have pre-paid for to any third party, without obtaining Our prior written consent.
7.5 In the unlikely event that you have been unable to use your Leinster Driving Campus gift voucher within the period stated on your voucher you may have your voucher re-issued subject to an administration fee of 25% of the vouchers value.
8.1 If You are taking On The Road driving lessons, Your Instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance, should You be involved in a collision as a learner driver whilst in control of driving the Instructor’s tuition vehicle.
8.2 If you are taking Off the Road driving lessons, Leinster Driving Campus will carry the appropriate motor insurance and public liability, should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver whilst in control of driving the Instructor’s tuition vehicle.
9. Price Changes
We reserve the right to change the price of all Our learner driver products including all On and Off Road tuition, at any time.
10. Non-Block Booked Tuition
The price of lessons that have not been pre-paid (as part of a block booking consisting of a minimum 5 hours worth of tuition time (“Block Booking”) may be changed at any time. You will receive prior notice of any price increases.
11. Block Booked Tuition
The cost of Block Booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months.
12. Special Offers
We also reserve the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers from time to time in respect of both our On and Off Road driving lessons together with any other products that We may decide. Such offers will not affect the price of Block Bookings unless it is expressly stated within the offer. These terms and conditions shall apply to the special offers, in each to the particular terms of the offer, which shall be published on the Website www.leinsterdrivingcampus.ie
You must pay for Your product(s), good(s) or lesson(s) in advance using the following methods:
(1) payment via laser, credit or debit card by telephoning Our office on (01) 6286377
(2) payment via laser, credit or debit card online at www.leinsterdrivingcampus.ie
(3) payment via cheque made payable to Leinster Driving Campus,
(4) payment via cash at Leinster Driving Campus office.
14.1 Where You make any payments directly to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors and the Instructor fails to pass on such payments to Us, We will not be liable for any shortfalls in such payments or any missing payments or any other failure on the part of the Instructors to forward such payments on to Us and You acknowledge that You will at all times be liable for any payments that remain outstanding to Us.
14.2 Further, You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to ask for and to obtain appropriate receipts or other proofs, in relation to all payments You make to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors. Where We are able to, We will endeavour to assist with any discrepancies in payments You have made without ever accepting liability for the same. Subject to You having sufficient funds, all online payments that You make will be shown on Your account within 24 hours of being made. Payments made using other methods, may take longer to be credited into Your account.
14.3 We accept no responsibility or liability for any payments however made, being lost, delayed, misappropriated, rejected, tampered with, being short of the required amount or any overpayment on Your part. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You have sufficient funds to make all payments to Us and to ensure that You have paid Us the correct amount.
15. Limitation of Liability
15.1 Neither We, nor Your Instructor shall be liable to You for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to You by the relevant person or body;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach;
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by You;
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
Neither We, nor Your Instructor shall, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests You may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect any statutory rights You may have as a consumer.
15.2 We do not guarantee to provide or procure the provision of any of the services referred to in these Conditions if We are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitations, the activities of civil government authorities, third party industrial disputes, internal industrial disputes where We have taken the reasonable steps to prevent the effects of such action on any of the services set out in these Conditions but have been unable to do so; acts of God, or severe weather conditions We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the services referred to in these Conditions and to these Conditions for any reason We deem necessary.
15.3 Where We do make any such changes, We will give You reasonable notice of the changes. If as a direct result of such changes the services We provide to You are substantially varied to Your detriment, and where We are satisfied of the same, You may cancel Your agreement with Us by giving not less than 30 days’ notice in writing to Our address below.
15.4 Any refunds that You may be entitled to will be dealt with in accordance with Our Refund Policy. If any provision of these Conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness, be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of these Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
16. Contact us:
Leinster Driving Campus, Taghadoe, Maynooth, Co. Kildare