Under 17 First Drive / PRE EDT
First Drive Training / PRE Essential Driver Training is for 14 - 17 Year Olds who have not yet passed the Theory Test or are too young to hold a Learner Permit. A truly UNIQUE gift for someone you love, be it a son / daughter, nephew / niece or grandson / granddaughter.
First Drive Junior 14-17 year olds with a minimum height 4’10. Please bring a proof of age ID for registration.
You First Drive experience is a 1 – 1 (one instructor per student) basis and consists of:
- Vehicle familiarisation & Safety Checks
- Car foot and hand controls
- Move away and stop – cover observations, mirror use (at the candidates pace move onto 2nd gear move & stop, 3rd gear move & stop)
- Junction routines, left and right – crossing, emerging, crossroads, 1 way
- Use of mirrors (type of glass, blindspots)
- Roundabouts, pedestrian crossing, traffic lights
- Manoeuvres, left reverse, turn in road, parallel parking, bay parking, emergency stop
U17 First Drive / pre - essential driver training (edt)
Each student learns at their own pace and with our Under 17 First Drive program, they can learn in a way, which is not pressured and is suited to them specifically. Each private lesson is finished with a detailed record of what has been covered in preparation for further lessons.
During your PRE EDT lessons we'll familiarise you with your vehicles primary controls i.e. foot controls and hand controls; your secondary controls i.e. windscreen wipers and lights; along with moving off and stopping safely.So book a lesson today and make a head start on your EDT!!
In the R.S.A. guidelines for Essential Driver Training (EDT), it is recommended that the learner driver takes three hours of lessons in preparation before starting your EDT lesson 1. These Under 17 driving lessons will have you perfectly prepared to commence your EDT once you turn 17 and get your Learner Permit.
This course can be tailored to meet individual requirements or to accommodate Transition Year students or Youth Groups.
NEW!!! We are now offering group sessions for groups of between 6 and 12 people together over a 4 hour duration where the student will follow a similar course to that of the Transition Year Driving Course.
|First Drive||€ 45 per hr|