Transition Year Driving lessons
REFER YOUR SCHOOL AND WIN 5 FREE DRIVING LESSONS!! SEE OUR BLOG FOR FURTHER INFO.
Our unique Transition Year driving course is specifically aimed at students that are under the qualifying age to hold a learners permit.
Here are the details of what our transition year driving course entails.
Our ½ day training course consists of a welcome briefing on our course content, safety rules, course objectives and an introduction to the driving instructors. We then split the group into 2 groups.
(A) Group 1 will start in one of our training rooms where they will have
- A safety briefing
- A quiz of 40 questions based on The Rules of the Road and driving procedures.
- They'll then go outside and have the student complete some "simple" tasks while wearing "Drunk Buster Beer Goggles"! This allows the individual to experience how alcohol and drugs can affect your driver awareness.
(B) Group 2 will be further split into groups of 3, each group of 3 being assigned to a driving instructor. They will learn about:
- Vehicle Familiarisation
- Car Controls
- Safety Checks
- Driver Responsibilities
- Use of controls for moving away and stopping and further manoeuvres
- Each student will then be given the chance to put into practice what they have learnt and drive our dual controlled cars while being assessed by both the instructor and his two colleagues. This gives an insight into how a candidate may be marked on their driving test.
- At Leinster Driving Campus we offer students a realistic driving experience on our own private road network featuring the more common traffic control features you'll meet on the public roads.
- A FREE driving lesson worth €40 will be given to one lucky student on the day plus the opportunity for others to win spot prizes.
- Insurance cover has already been procured for the students with no liability to your school.
- Ideally we look for groups of 24 to 30 students allowing us to give more individual attention to each student. If you would like to book a larger group for the day please call the office for further details.
For any further details please feel free to call our landline 01 6286377
|6 - 12 students||€ 55||per person|
|13 - 20 students||€ 50||per person|
|21 - 24 students||€ 45||per person|
|25 - 30 students||€ 40||per person|
Great opportunity, thanks for the voucher, see you soon.
Mark Fanning, Transition Year student, Naas CBS
The instructors were all really nice and very helpful. I really enjoyed the day.
Alison Eustace, Transition Year student, Confey Community College
Best trip this year!!!!
Shane Keogh, Transition Year student, Maynooth Post Primary
This experience was a great "leveller"! ALL the students were interested and ALL of them could drive at the end of the day. They ALL came away with a sense of achievement and they were exhausted after having taken in so much! The leaders were wonderful, especially at making the students feel good about their progress. I would recommend it to any school.
Celine Donohoe, Chaplain, Pobalscoil Neasáin, Baldoyle
Great instructors. Great day, lots of fun!
Josh Mullholland, Transition Year student, Colaiste Cois Life Lucan
A very enjoyable and educational day. The activities were varied and engaging.
P. Deery, English Teacher, Maynooth Post Primary.
Thanks very much, it was AWESOME!
Keiran Abrook, Transition Year student, Naas CBS
It was great fun. I would definitely go back.
Niamh O' Rourke, Transition Year student, Confey Community College
This was an excellent course and fantastic experience for our Transition Year students. Very professionally run with great instructors. Well recommended. Boys are loving being behind the wheel!
Lorraine Daly – TY Maths Teacher, Colaiste Choilm, Swords
Our students are still talking about their time with you and are telling next year's TYs about it already! Beirigí bua!
Cecily Feran, TY Co-ordinator, Pobalscoil Neasáin, Baldoyle
Our students(boys and girls)really enjoyed their day in Leinster Driving Campus. The instructors were good humoured, patient and professional and our students were delighted with the awards they received. The ABS demonstration was a feature of the day and was a great thrill for the selected students and for myself. We will definitely be making the Leinster Driving Campus a permanent fixture on our TY programme.
John McCauley, Transition Year Co-ordinator, Ardscoil na Trionoide, Athy
A very enjoyable experience for all the student. A great friendly environment with an excellent driving infrastructure. I would highly recommend for a Transition Year class.
Antoine O Finneadha, Woodwork Teacher, Colaiste Cois Life Lucan