Stage One - DRIVING INSTRUCTOR Theory Test
Examines your knowledge of the Rules of the Road as well as general road safety and driving instruction matters. The structure of the theory test is similar in format to the existing theory test for learner drivers and lasts for 90 minutes.
You are asked 100 questions with optional voice over. For each question four answers are shown on the screen and you are required to select the answer you think is correct. To pass your theory test you are required to answer 85 questions correctly overall.
The applicant must pass Stage 1 – Theory Test before they can continue to Stage 2 and Stage 3
Theoretical Test - Subject Matters:
- Road Safety precepts and practice
- Rules of the Road
- RSA ADI Scheme (as outlined in this booklet)
- Driving techniques and handling the vehicle and controls., Use of correct road procedure
- Vulnerable road users
- Pedagogical techniques and assessment of pupils
- Dealing with pupils who have learning or language difficulties
- Dealing with pupils who have physical disabilities and familiarization with common vehicle adaptations
- Interpersonal skills
- Correction of pupils driving faults
- Knowledge of basic mechanics of vehicle and maintenance
- Driving for life, beyond the practical driving test
- Scene of accidents
- Driver Testing Procedures and Documentation including the Driving Test Report form
- Other matters as considered appropriate from time to time by the RSA
Give us a call on 01 6286377 or email for further information
You can download all of the materials you will need here. We will assist you all the way with online and telephone mentoring to help with your studies.